Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
16,931 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jan 30, 2009 1:36 PM by lipmag RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 27, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2009 5:40 PM

e-store

I have a book in process so it will take me a little time to have it published.  I have been unable to see any e-store in the CS site, nor there is any book in the "shop" link...

I would like to see some actual store so if any one wants to give the link to his or hers, it would be very helpful...

Level 5 11,782 posts since
May 4, 2008
1. Jan 28, 2009 6:47 PM in response to: nilvem
Re: e-store

Here's a couple:

http://www.createspace.com/3353865

http://www.createspace.com/3342915

You should be able to start creating your e-store as soon as you enter your title in your account, but the book's cover will not show up until a few days after you publish the book.

To do this, click on the title in your Dashboard, then scroll down to the e-Store section. Click Edit and you will be able to customise text, colours, banner image etc...

Message was edited by: lipmag

Level 5 11,782 posts since
May 4, 2008
3. Jan 30, 2009 1:36 PM in response to: nilvem
Re: e-store

Unfortunately the CS e-stores have much higher shipping rates than Amazon. It also varies significantly depending on where in the world your customer is based. For example, shipping my 60pg colour book to Australia (where I live) costs ~$24 from CS. From Amazon it costs $9.98.

Your customers are probably going to prefer to order from Amazon for this reason, not to mention free shipping offers on orders over $25 etc.

You may wish to consider bulk ordering wholesale copies, selling through your own website using Paypal or another checkout system, and then handling the distribution yourself. This way you keep all profits on your titles (as CS/Amazon don't get their 20/40% cut) and you control what shipping provider to use (at real, not artificially inflated costs).

(I do this, because there's no way in **** my local customers are paying international shipping at twice the cover price of my book, and I don't have to worry about paying tax in the US.)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...